Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Starset: a cool new rock band


"Who are you to change this world? Silly boy..."
From "Carnivore" by Starset

I've been into this band lately! Starset is an interesting new rock band with a polished sound. You could probably classify them as arena rock: the outer-space-themed music is catchy and well-produced, and it gets stuck in your head pretty quickly! 

They've gotten a bit of radio play on rock stations, particularly "My Demons" and "Carnivore." The lyric on the picture above comes from "Carnivore." 

If you like Skillet's recent music, Starset has a similar sound. Their sound also reminds me of We As Human, My Darkest Days, Stria, and Ashes Remain. They also remind me of a more mellow alternative to Three Days Grace (before you jump on me that they sound nothing alike, note that I said "more mellow"--I think many Three Days Grace fans would like Starset, even though classic TDG has a heavier sound). I've embedded a couple of my favorite Starset songs here:

My Demons:

Carnivore:

Antigravity: 

Do you agree? Is Starset cool, or meh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment