- Harriet Tubman's portrait is going on the next U.S. $20 bill!
- Helpful information about surviving grad school without a ton of debt: http://frankfacts.org/how-to-pay-for-graduate-school-without-going-broke-how-i-did-it/
- Rock on [with savings]! http://www.laramieboomerang.com/news/local_news/rock-band-teaches-students-about-financial-literacy/article_d0a8a3cc-fc46-11e5-854b-1b801801a303.html
- Uh-oh...looks like a lot of wealthy people [and corporations] play a shell game to avoid the tax man. This should get you good and mad: http://www.theguardian.com/news/us-money-blog/2016/apr/07/panama-papers-mossack-fonseca-super-rich
- Apparently, The Guardian (originally a UK newspaper, but now has offices all over the place) really wants to get people upset about the "Panama Papers" leak, including updates for when you've calmed yourself down. If this sounds appealing to you, hit this link: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/06/panama-papers-all-revelations-so-far-data-leak
- On the topic of things that will get you angry, the Wounded Warrior Project [a charity meant to help wounded war veterans] apparently spent a lot of money wastefully. See this New York Times article from January detailing allegations from a number of former employees, this CBS News article that first broke the story of the CEO and COO being fired, and this Daily Beast article regarding further allegations.
- Infuriating stuff! But before throwing up your hands and refusing to donate to charity, there is an alternative! Consider instead doing a bit of research before writing that check...this article from Intentional Insights shows you how!
- "Well, mainly it's just not having to worry about money." This is why we do what we do!
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Links for May 2016
Here are some interesting, recent links related to money. Enjoy!